Join Self-Advocates from across the state at Disability Day at the Capitol!
- Date: Tuesday, February 27 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Where: the Minnesota State Capitol: 75 Rev Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. St. Paul, 55155
- Time: 9am-3pm
- 9:00 AM. Registration: Capitol Basement, Room B-15 (L’etoile du Nord)
- 9:50 AM to 10:10 AM: Issue Briefing: Captiol Basement, Room B-15 (L’etoile du Nord)
- 10:30 AM to 10:45 AM: Singing Performance by Side by Side People’s Chorus in Rotunda, 1st Floor of Capitol
- 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM: Rally in Rotunda, 1st Floor of Capitol
- 12:00 PM: Visits with Legislators
- Cost: Free of charge
- Download the 2018 Disability Day at the Capitol flyer here
If you are interested in speaking with your legislators following the rally please contact ACT ahead of time. We want to review tips for telling your story, see ARC’s 1 page recommendations here, and schedule meetings for you ahead of time.
This event is Co-Sponsored by:
Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance; Advocating Change Together; MOFAS; Minnesota Council on Disability; Minnesota Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities; and Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM)