The Side by Side People’s Chorus is a singing group open to all people: that includes people with developmental and intellectual disabilities and also all friends and allies. Launched in 2015, the chorus meets monthly to sing and rehearse, and occasionally perform. This is a partnership between ACT and Highland Friendship Club of St. Paul.
At each rehearsal, we sing, have fun, and eat food. We sing all sorts of songs: some that talk about our pride, our power and our dreams, and some just for fun. The singing is led by Bret Hesla. It’s free. It’s fun. All voices welcome!
- Download the flyer
- Register for the Winter – Spring 2017season
Details: Winter-Spring 2017 Rehearsal Schedule
- Date: First Friday of each month, starting in January (Jan 6, Feb 4, Mar 3, Apr 7, May 5)
- Where: Macalester Plymouth Church (1658 Lincoln Avenue, St Paul, MN 55105)
- Time: Free Dinner 6:00pm-6:30pm , 6:45pm-8:15pm singing
- Performance: tbd
- Required Commitment: Be at all rehearsals.
- Cost: No Charge. Donations welcome.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.