We are now accepting application for the 2018 Olmstead Academy: Apply Now!
- Download the Application Packet
- Assemble a team of 2 self-advocates and 1 ally and complete the application
- Return applications:
- Mail to Advocating Change Together, 1821 University Ave W STE 306-South, Saint Paul, MN 55104
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Fax to 651-641-4053
Advocating Change Together has responded to Minnesota’s recent push for more integration by launching the Minnesota Olmstead Academy. The Academy is a 12-month program of classroom and fieldwork through which self-advocates, working in teams, are positioned to help lead the state’s Olmstead Plan, and its goal of greater community integration for people with disabilities.
Classroom sessions cover disability rights, the Olmstead decision, and leadership skills. Each team plans and carries out a 6 month Disability Integration Project that will help people with disabilities be more a part of the community where they live.
Learn more about the first three years of ACT’s Olmstead Academy:
- Download the 2016 Olmstead Academy Report to the Community
- 2016 Olmstead Academy Participants, Teams and Projects
- 2016 Olmstead Academy Photos
- Download the 2015 Olmstead Academy Report to the Community
- 2015 Olmstead Academy Participants, Teams and Projects
- 2015 Olmstead Academy Photos