Self-Advocates Minnesota is a network of self-advocacy groups from all around the state. SAM for short. ACT organized the formation of SAM in 2007. Today, more than 50 SA groups around Minnesota are connected and working together. ACT continues to support, fund, and administer the SAM network and its Leadership Circle.
The state is divided into six SAM regions. Each region works with its member groups to build personal power, connect to the disability rights movement and make community changes. All six regions also meet once a year to share best practices and accomplishments.
- Contact your region’s SAM organizer for information about the next meeting and whats going on with self-advocacy near you
SAM Regions and contacts
- NW Region: Bev Kaler – 320.224.1438
- NE Region: Meredith Kujala – 218.726.4841
- Central Region: Maggie Triechal – 763.370.3946
- SE Region: Tiana Bingold – 507.287.2032
- SW Region: Wilbur Neushwander-Frink – 507.345.4223
- Metro Region: Patrick Mitchell – 651.641.0297