Do you have a self-advocacy group you would like to start or strengthen? Sign up to pilot ACT’s Disability Equality Training Series (DETS).
- All courses are self-led; ACT trains your trainers.
- Each session is 1 hr long and easy to present: support materials are easy to use, clearly organized, and include strategies for engaging participants in activities that enhance the learning experience.
- All sessions use group learning with participatory learning model.
- Comprehensive curriculum includes courses from basic to advanced levels.
- Completion certificates recognize achievement.
- Rigor reflected in program structure, where smaller groups learn over longer periods of time, creating lasting leadership skills.
We are currently piloting the first series of lessons with select groups. Soon we will have another round of pilots, free of cost, if your group is interested: